Sunday, 2024-05-19, 11:08 AM
Catalinho.idle.ro MainRegistrationLogin
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: M1cRo, SoNnY, siens  
Forum » Tutoriale Counter-Strike » Tutoriale Steam » steam total help :> (by calin)
steam total help :>
CalinDate: Thursday, 2008-10-30, 11:04 PM | Message # 1
Locotenent
Group: Admin Server
1) Having the Counter Strike 1.6 , Condition Zero or Source .

First of all u need to have one of the three games to play online. The procedure for playing any of these online is almost the same..As these three are the most popular versions of Counter Strike...there are hundreds of servers for playing them online...as for other versions....u may find servers to play but not more than 10 - 20 approx...So once u have one of these three ..ur dream of playing CS online is 40% complete...I have CS 1.6 and Condition Zero...So i will use them for the tutes...So now install Counter strike...and move to step 2.

2) Downloading Steam

Steam is a Free Software distributed by the company VALVe which made the Half Life and CS series...Steam can be used to play the VALVe games online...which include CS , Doom 3, Dark Messiah etc...So u need to download Steam which is about 800 KB from the STEAM SITE...once u have Downloaded and installed steam on ur PC...move to step 3..

3) Starting Steam

Well now ur desktop has some icons like these....

Click this bar to view the full image.

Double Click Steam icon.....And a box in the center of ur screen will tell u that Steam is Updating...I cannot post a screenshot of this as my steam is already Updated...SO depending on ur Internet Connection speed...the steam will update...And then a Login screen will appear....Something like this...

Click on Create a New Account...and Choose a Unique Steam Account name and a password...Once ur account is created ...Login to steam using this account..this is my account connecting..

When you are connected ...a screen will appear something like this...

Now minimize it...and Start Counter Strike....and move to step 4

4) Starting Counter Strike

I am using CS 1.6 for this tute...So when u start CS 1.6 ...click on Find Servers ..and u will see something like this.....

1>> Shows that u are getting the servers on the internet...if u want to
play CS with ur friends then u can add ur friends IP on the Friends
tab.
2>> Shows the no. of servers online....
3>> Shows that some servers are locked and u need a password to play
on those servers...
4>> Shows No. of people playing on that server...
5>> Shows Max no. of players which can play on that server..
6>> Shows the map currently running on the server..
7>> Shows changes the search filter options ...i.e u can change the
filters so that servers not having password are shown to you etc..

So now u choose a server from the list and the game starts to load....move to step 5.

5) Playing Counter Strike

Now you are almost done....the game loads and u start to play...but in between u can get a screen like this...

Which means that the map ur trying to play needs some additional files and these files are being downloaded from the server....U may get this screen everytime you play but when latest updates have been downloaded ...this screen will no longer appear and ..As soon as the download completes ...u can play ur Game...

End of tutorial ...This was the Basic Tutorial for playing Counter Strike Online ....you can do many more things such as Creating a Server, Playing on LAN,Using Hamachi, Applying Cheats for Online Game, Create a new Map etc...but these are complicated things and nobody needs them just for enjoying a Game of Counter Strike Online...Your Suggestions are always welcome to make this Tute more simpler...Chao!!!

tutorial instalare reglare si tot ce cuprinde steam :>:http://www.imserba.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95808

http://www.postimage.org/aV18DcYr.jpg

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/7523/42oh3.gif

Forum » Tutoriale Counter-Strike » Tutoriale Steam » steam total help :> (by calin)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024